The Washingtonville School district has distributed 2,500 Chromebooks to students in grades K-12 who need access to a device at home.
The Chromebook distribution is part of the district’s ongoing 1:1 computer/technology initiative to ensure all students have access to a device to facilitate virtual learning.
For any student that may still need to borrow a Chromebook from the district, we ask that you please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Chromebook Damage/Loss and Theft Insurance
We encourage families to purchase insurance on devices borrowed from the District. Even families who have borrowed a device back in the spring of 2020 are still eligible to purchase the insurance.
Please visit this portal: https://securranty.com/WCSD-Insurance to purchase insurance for your child as soon as possible.
We will be reaching out to families who have notified us regarding their lack of connectivity to help provide internet access. The district’s Reopening Plan incorporates a blend of synchronous and asynchronous instruction, which will require students to have access to both technology and the Internet from home.
- Q: If we borrow a District Chromebook, does my child need to bring that Chromebook to school on the in person-days once Hybrid begins?
- Q: Do elementary students NEED a touchscreen device to do their work?
- Q: Am I able to purchase insurance for the Chromebooks my children are borrowing?
- Q: I borrowed a Chromebook for my elementary student last year. It is not a touch screen. Should I make an appointment to exchange this one?
- Q: We plan to let our children use their own personal devices when working from home. Can they bring those into the district on the in-person days?
- Q: My child wants to use their personal device at home. Will there be a device for them on the days they are in person?
- Q: I have a child moving into the sixth grade. We borrowed a district Chromebook last spring. Are they able to keep that device?
- Q: What are the costs if my child damages or loses their Chromebook?