The Washingtonville Middle School PTO is an active organization set up to carry out both educational and fun activities for students during the school year. Parents and guardians are encouraged to join the PTO and become involve.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, and community.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such unitied efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, and social education.
Washingtonville Middle School PTO Goals:
- To promote a positive experience for all members: parents, teachers, and students.
- To encourage participation in events organized to raise the morale and understanding of school/family connection.
- To understand the needs of ALL involved in the safety and education of our children.
LATEST ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
8th Grade End of Year Dance
Coordinates the final dance of the year for 8th grade including theme, refreshments, decorations, music and activities.
This committee plans an Appreciation Breakfast in May during Teacher Appreciation Week. Numerous volunteers are need for donations such as water, soda, paper goods and desserts. Volunteers are also needed to set up prior to and clean up after the event. The chairperson needs to organize both events, coordinate with caterer, schedule volunteers, and plan small gestures within a given budget.
To become a member of the Taft PTO for the 2019-20 school year, please fill out the MS PTO registration form
BOXTOPS FOR EDUCATION PROGRAM
Join the Round Hill Elementary School PTA to help raise money through the Box Tops for Education Program!
SUPPORT THE PTA THROUGH YOUR EVERYDAY PURCHASES
Our school district is participating in the Stop & Shop A+ Bonus Bucks program. WMS can earn cash by logging on to www.stopandshop.com/aplus and choose "register your card" from the A+ menu found under "Our Stores" to register your card online. Then each time you shop at Stop & Shop your card will earn cash for our school. We will receive a check at the end of the program. The money can be used for any of the Middle School's educational needs. So please take a couple minutes to register your card and support our school. You can register WMS using ID # 06173 at the website above. Don't forgot to encourage your family, friends, and neighbors to do the same.