The Washingtonville Central School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The District is committed to recruiting and maintaining a highly qualified faculty and staff to serve our community. The faculty strives to provide the best possible educational programs and services to our children. The Washingtonville community is a great place to work and live. Our district serves over 4,600 students and is located in a beautiful part of the Hudson Valley.
- Substitute Teachers
- Substitute Teaching Assistants
- Substitute Nurses
- Substitute Bus Drivers
- Substitute Food Service Workers
- Substitute Clerical Workers
- Substitute Monitors
- Substitute Custodians
- Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Reports to: Building Principal
- Terms of Employment: 190 days
- Salary: As per current CSEA contract
- Effective date of employment: 12/17/19 - 6/26/20
Applications are currently being accepted for the below positions.
NON-TEACHING CSEA POSITIONS
Submit a letter of interest to Michele Santillo, Secretary to the Director of Personnel, NO LATER THAN 11/21/19. Posted 11/7/19.
WINTER COACHING VACANCIES
Wrestling: Varsity Head Coach, JV Head Coach, Modified Head Coach, Modified Assistant Coach
- Basketball: Boys Varsity Coach, Boys JV Coach, Boys Freshman Coach, Boys Modified Coach, Girls JV Coach, Girl Modified Coach
- Indoor Track: Boys Head Coach, Boys Assistant Coach, Girls Head Coach, Girls Assistant Coach
- Swimming: Boys Head Coach, Boys Assistant Coach, Boys Diving Coach
- Competitive Cheerleading: Varsity Head Coach, Var. Assistant/JV
- Varsity Bowling: Varsity Head Coach
All candidates must hold or be eligible for NYS Certification. All Candidates must be
current in First Aid, CPR/AED, DASA, Finger Print clearance, Child Abuse
Identification & Reporting and Violence Prevention & Intervention.
NYS Certified Physical Education Teachers: You may coach any sport as long as you
maintain current certifications.
NYS Certified Non-Physical Education Teachers: Must complete above requirements.
Three Coaching courses must be completed within timeline required by the state.
Non-Certified Teachers: Must complete above listed requirements and apply on-line for
a sport specific Temporary Coaching License through the NYS TEACH account
( www.nysed.gov ). Coaching courses must be completed within timeline required by
state. Temporary coaching license must be renewed before each season for five years.
When all classroom requirements are complete, you may apply for a three-year
Professional Coaching Certification. Each renewal requires a $50-dollar application fee. A second application fee must be filed if you coach a second sport with an additional application fee.
Terms of Employment: Winter 2019-20 Season
Salary: As per current Teachers' Contract
Interested candidates should contact: Gary Vyskocil, Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics
BUS DRIVER / BUS MONITOR POSITION
- Free training is available.
- Upon successful completion of training, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
- Currently accepting applications.
SUBSTITUTE BUS DRIVER
All substitutes are required to supply a schedule of availability.
To apply for positions above, please fill out the transportation application. It can be accessed here or you can fill one out in-person. Contact Laura Smith at (845)-497-4000 ext. 27133 with any questions.