Mrs. Janice Rowe, R.N.
Mrs. Marianna Sackmann, R.N.
Mrs. Erin Calovic
Health Office Assistant, Ext: 24531
Telephone: (845) 497-4000
Fax: (845) 497-4034
The Nurse Practitioner will be here for
FALL 2018 SPORTS PHYSICALS
every Friday as needed.
Come and get your physical done early!
- New guidelines from NYS Dept of Health: Mandates for those students entering 9th and 12th grades September 2018. Click HERE for important details. Please feel free to call the health office to speak with the nurse if you have any questions.
- If you are having a physical with your own MD, you can download a copy of our school physical form AND the form for medication to be given in school from the "Health Office Forms" tab at left. Call or email any questions. MD order and parent permission required for any medications to be dispensed at school. ONLY parent can bring medication to school with proper forms completed. See "Health Office Forms" tab at left.
- All 9th and 11th graders and students new to the district must have a physical on file from within the last school year. For the 2018-19 school year the Deadline is November 30th, 2018. If you do not have one, your own doctor or the school's nurse practitioner can do the physical for you. This is required by New York State Education Law.
- A parent may write a P.E. excuse for 1 (one) day per school year. After that, a physician note is required.
- Any student unable to participate in P.E., either due to illness or injury, must provide a doctor's note to the Health Office prior to P.E. class. DO NOT GIVE THE NOTE TO THE TEACHER. A clearance note from the same physician will then be required to return to P.E. The student's P.E. teacher will assign written work to be completed in lieu of class, to make a grade for that time period.
- Any student on a medical excuse is ineligible to play on a sport team until cleared by their physician.
- If your student is placed on crutches & on the elevator, only that student goes on the elevator and must be able to carry their books (back pack).
- They must use crutches & elevator, until clearance note stating otherwise, is received from their physician.
- Students that require any medication at school, including over-the-counter Tylenol, Advil or even Tums, must have a permission slip on file signed by his/her physician and parent. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Medications may NOT be carried on their person in school.