COURSE #DASA-40 DIGNITY FOR ALL STUDENTS (DASA) MANDATED 6-HOUR TRAINING FOR CERTIFICATION
6 CTLE hours (3 hours online/3 hours face-to-face)
Course Instructor: Lori Hulle, CASAC, LMHC
In accordance with Article 2 Sections 10-18 of the Education Law, all applicants for Certification in NYS registered programs are required to complete six clock hours of Training in Harassment, Bullying, Cyberbullying, and Discrimination in Schools: Prevention and Intervention (DASA Training). This workshop will address the social patterns of harassment, bullying, and discrimination including, but not limited to those acts based on a person’s actual or perceived race, color, weight, national origin, ethnic group, religion, religious practice, disability, sexual orientation, gender, or sex. It will also cover the identification and mitigation of harassment, bullying, and discrimination; and strategies for effectively addressing problems of exclusion, bias, and aggression in educational settings. Successful completion of this course will meet the certification requirements in Sec14 (5) of Chapter 102 of the Laws of 2012, and registrants who participate in the entire 6-hour training will receive a Certification of Completion. (This workshop will be offered in a blended format. Three hours of course content will be completed online prior to the face to face meeting. Registrants will receive a follow up email with log on information and directions. Please log on early to allow for time to remedy any problems that might occur.)
Date: Blended Style 6 Hour Workshop: 3 hours online: February 10-14, 2020/ 3 Hours in-person: February 20, 2020: 3:30-6:30 PM
Location of Class:
Washingtonville TEACHER CENTER
Round Hill School – Room 108
1314 Route 208
Washingtonville, NY 10992
Cost: $75 payable by check to Washingtonville Teacher Center. (Please mail to Carla Sansone, Washingtonville Teacher Center, 1314 Route 208, Washingtonville NY 10992.) Payment must be received at the Teacher Center by Feb 7, 2020. (Sorry, we cannot accept credit card payments.)
Please note: Basic word processing skills, familiarity with google classroom and access to a desktop or laptop computer are prerequisites for this workshop.
In-Service Courses and Non-Credit Bearing Courses: A 100% refund will be given to those who drop the course prior to the start of instruction with written/email notification to the Director. Washingtonville district participants must drop the class on My Learning Plan. A 50% refund will be given to those who drop the class with written/email notification to the Director, up until 20% of the total class time has elapsed. A 0% refund will be given after more than 20% of instructional time has elapsed.
- In order for the Teacher Center to be able to certify that you have completed a class, you must attend the entire class. This includes arriving on time for class and remaining for the entire time.
- In the case of a class with an online component, it is expected that you will participate according to the instructor’s directions and/or complete any projects that are assigned.
- Please do not ask our instructors to make up class time you might need to miss. They are only being paid for a set number of hours.
- Neither the Teacher Center nor the course instructor have the authority to make exceptions to the attendance policy.
- Please do not bring children of any age to Teacher Center classes. The instructor does not have the authority to waive this policy.
- Please silence your cell phone and do not use it for talking or texting during class. If there is an emergency, please step out of the room to take the call.
- Please leave the room in the condition you found it and shut down all computers.