Given the current pandemic related to COVID-19 and the District closure, families registering for Kindergarten and Pre-K can complete the registration process by submitting the required documents and registration packet via email to Vanessa Sanchez, email@example.com.
K & Pre-K Registration Information (2020-21)
To be eligible, incoming Kindergarten students must be five years old by December 1, 2020, and incoming Pre-Kindergarten students must be four years old by December 1, 2020.
This year, there will be a lottery selection for students to attend our Universal Pre-Kindergarten at Round Hill Elementary School, and our community based centers.
Documents required for registration include child’s birth certificate; immunization records; physical examination record; proof of guardianship (custodial papers or affidavits if applicable); parent/guardian identification (State-issued driver’s license/photo identification); individual education plan, if appropriate (special education); completed pre-registration packet; and two proofs of District residency (such as lease, utility bill, pay stub, photo identification, etc.).
The registration packet contains the full list of acceptable proofs of residency. For more information, please contact the District Registrar, Vanessa Sanchez, by calling 845-497-4046 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, students are required to have all immunizations up to date. Please refer to the Documents link for the immunizations breakdown per grade.
TO REGISTER A NEW STUDENT:
- Make an appointment by clicking here.
- Access the Complete Registration Packet by clicking here (please note that the packet needs to be printed and filled out manually, not digitally). This packet includes a checklist of all required information and forms.
- Bring completed forms in the Registration Packet along with required documentation and identification to the appointment. Contact the Registrar should you have any questions.
- Please note, students are required to have all immunizations up to date. Please refer to the Documents link for the immunizations breakdown per grade.
REGISTRATION FOR ALL GRADES
- Kindergarten (If student currently attends PK, they do not have to re-register) - student must be 5 years old by December 1, 2020.
- Pre-Kindergarten (PK) - student must be 4 years old by December 1, 2020.
- Registration process includes appointment with guidance counselor (grades 6-12) or main office for elementary, transportation for bus routing and food services for nutrition.
- If your student is transferring from another school, please contact the previous school immediately to expedite the transfer process.
- Transportation form for applying for qualified transportation to private/parochial schools must be received by April 1, 2020, unless new to the District.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION
- All required forms as listed in the Registration Packet. See the checklist on page 2.
- Photo Identification of Parent or Legal Guardian.
- Proof of Age: Birth Certificate of Passport/Visa.
- Health Records: Health Form completed & signed by a physician less than one (1) year old.
- Immunization Records: Less than one (1) year old.
- Proof of Residency: School Tax receipt, valid lease/deed, or a utility bill.
- Proof of Custody/Guardianship, if applicable.
- Student with Special Needs: IEP records. It is possible that these records can be transferred electronically from the previous school.