Washingtonville High School will hold a virtual orientation for its freshman class on Monday, Aug. 24 at 7 p.m., via a link found on which will be available on the district’s website that evening.
This presentation will include welcoming remarks from Superintendent Dr. Larry Washington and Principal Brian Connolly.
Also included will be an overview of New York State graduation requirements, school activities, and how to read a traditional schedule and more. Students will also find a link to a packet of information with additional items of interest.
Building tour dates will follow, according to this schedule:
- Tuesday, Aug. 25 from 9 to 10:30 a.m.: Students will the last names A-E are invited to the building.
- Tuesday, Aug. 25 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Last names F-J.
- Wednesday, Aug.26 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Last names K-N.
- Wednesday Aug.26 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Last names O-R.
- Thursday, Aug. 27 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Last names S-V.
- Thursday, Aug. 27 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Last names W-Z.
In order to facilitate touring the building in a safe and efficient environment, everyone must follow these guidelines:
- Only new students will be allowed in the building. No guests will be permitted.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times in addition to following all social distance guidelines.
- Prior to entering the building, all students must visit the district website and complete the self-screening questionnaire found at https://entry.neric.org/wcsd Students should use a mobile device to complete this task and be prepared to present the "cleared to enter" screen upon arrival. If a mobile device is not available, a paper copy of the self- assessment will be provided.
We look forward to meeting our new students and welcoming them to our school community next week.
Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact the high school main office.