COMMUNITY USE OF SCHOOL DISTRICT FACILITIES
Organized groups are welcome to use school buildings and grounds for meetings and sports activities. It is the policy of the Board of Education to permit use of any school facilities when they are not in use for school purposes, providing these groups have fulfilled the necessary requirements.
For those groups who have completed and filed the "Facilities Use Organization Requestor Form" and have been provided with a Login to the new online system known as SchoolDude, please click "Enter Your Request" below. For groups who are new or have not completed the form, please download the forms below and submit them with required documents.
FACILITIES USE FOR AN ORGANIZATION
The Washingtonville Central School District utilizes an online facilities-use program. All applications for the upcoming school year may be submitted online beginning July 1st. Requests will be approved late September. If your request includes September dates, it is suggested that you secure an alternate location until all in-district requests have been received and entered upon the start of the school year.
All non-profit community organizations and local youth groups are encouraged to plan early and submit applications for indoor/outdoor space. Information on how to access this online system will be sent to you via email after you have submitted the attached organization requestor form and been approved.
Please complete and return the attached Facilities Use Organization Requestor Form along with the following required documentation:
1. A certificate of insurance covering General Liability in the amount of One-Million Dollars ($1,000,000) with Washingtonville CSD, 52 West Main Street, Washingtonville, NY named as additional insured One certificate is required annually for each group
2. A non-profit certificate showing recognition of exemption under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code
3. An appropriate security and safety plan for groups expecting 200 or more participants Must contact Paul Nienstadt, Assistant Superintendent for Operations and Safety at extension 27111
Upon receipt and approval of your application, an account will be created and you will be provided password access to enter facility use requests. As a registered user you will be able to view the public events calendar by month, week and day.
Applications from approved requestors for the current school year only will be considered based upon date of receipt, with in-district organizations and groups being given first priority. All facility requests must be submitted two weeks prior to date(s) requested to allow adequate processing time. Requests submitted for dates within two weeks cannot be guaranteed.
PROOF OF NON-PROFIT STATUS NOTICE FOR GROUPS REQUESTING USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
Effective July 1, 2009 the Washingtonville Central School District must have proof of non-profit status for all organizations requesting use of school facilities. This is a requirement deemed necessary by a district audit.
If your organization and/or group already has a non-profit certificate showing recognition under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, please submit a copy of the numbered certificate to the business office. Copies of tax returns, tax exempt certificates and EIN notices will not be accepted.
If your organization/group does not have non-profit status, you may apply for a certificate with the Internal Revenue Service. The application form for non-profit status, information regarding how to complete the form, where to send the application, as well as other important details may be found on the following web page: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1023.pdf.
Organization requests received without non-profit certification will be deemed as for profit.
CAMPS, FUND-RAISING ACTIVITIES and PROFIT, NON-PROFIT and PRIVATE GROUPS
Requests for this type of activity must be made at least one month prior to the date of the activity. Summer camps and activities must be requested no later than April 1st. Board of Education approval is required before a permit can be issued and before the activity can be advertised. Board of Education approval will be accomplished through the supporting documentation—a separate request to the Board of Education is not necessary. Supporting documentation, which outlines the purpose of the activity, a general curriculum and scheduled activities must be attached to the facilities request form.
School groups conducting fund-raising activities or camps must have all funds deposited in the respective high school student account. An accounting of all funds must be available at all times.
Groups conducting fund-raising activities must attach a statement explaining why funds are being raised and the intended use of the funds.
FACILITIES USE TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All information provided on the Organization Requestor Form must match your organization’s legal address or as noted on your certificate of insurance. Organization contacts must be the owner, employee or affiliate of the organization/business. Volunteers will not be granted access. Incomplete applications and/or failure to provide the required documentation will result in denial of your request.
2. Misrepresentation of an organization requestor/contact and its affiliation will preclude further requests from that organization.
3. A certificate of insurance covering General Liability in the amount of One-Million Dollars ($1,000,000) with Washingtonville CSD, 52 West Main Street, Washingtonville, New York named as additional insured is required. One certificate is required annually for each group and must be submitted along with a completed organization requestor form. Requests received without proof of insurance will be denied.
4. A non-profit certificate showing exemption under Section 501(c) (3) of the IRS code must also be provided with a completed organization requestor form. Requests received without non-profit certification will be deemed as for profit and denied.
5. All facility use requests must be submitted 10 days prior to date(s) requested. All approvals and communication will be done via email. Approval for use of facilities is not considered final until a final electronic activation email is received. A copy of the activation email needs to be printed; must be available to present and to gain access into the building. All communication will be done via email. The Washingtonville CSD is not responsible for an organization not receiving or checking email notifications.
6. All applications for the upcoming school year must be submitted online on or after July 1st. Requests will be approved late September. If your request includes September dates, it is strongly suggested that you secure an alternate location until all in-district requests have been received and entered upon the start of the school year.
7. All activities must be supervised by an adult 21 years of age or older AT ALL TIMES.
8. Facility use fees (if applicable) and required maintenance services will be billed after a scheduled event occurs. Payment is due within 10 days of invoice receipt. Organizations with outstanding invoices will be unable to submit further facility use requests until payment is received.
9. All activities, events and community-use of facilities are automatically canceled anytime the District closes for weather-related purposes. (The public may sign up for EMAIL or TEXT notification of school closings or delays)
To Enter a request:
Check out the "Community View Calendar" to see what dates, times and facilities are open. The calendar is an easy way to see what's scheduled when at every district facility! You can search by days, weeks, months - by event, organization or building.