Frequently Asked Questions
How many trips does the club go on?
- The middle school ski/snowboard club goes on
five trips to Mt. Creek, Vernon, NJ.
Who can be part of
- The club takes the first, 70 students who sign
up and hand in their permission slips to Ms. Marion. The club consists of 6th,
7th and 8th graders.
If I have my own
equipment, when can I drop it off?
- Equipment may be dropped off at the middle school (Café A) between 7:00 – 7:25 a.m. Equipment will be locked up for the day until we get ready to depart for the mountain. At approximately 8:00 pm the busses will be departing from Mt. Creek to arrive back at the middle school by 9:00p.m.
What are the times
for the club?
- The club will depart the middle school at 3:00 – 3:45 p.m., depending on when our busses arrive. It takes approximately 45 minutes to get to Mt. Creek. The club will have two school busses and one van to take on each trip.
How does my
equipment get to the mountain?
- Equipment and bags that are going on the trip
can be loaded into the van to be taken to the mountain prior to the busses
getting to the mountain. When we arrive
at the mountain, the equipment will be on the sidewalk for the students to pick
- There is a 10:1 chaperone ratio. The chaperones have all been part of the club
for many years.
Where are the
chaperones, when we get to the mountain?
- At the mountain, chaperones will help with
rental check in, check ins, setting up a space in the lodge, getting to lessons
and anything else that arises during each trip.
Chaperones are also on the mountain keeping an eye on the group.
If I order a meal
voucher, when can I use it?
- Students will receive a meal voucher prior to
each trip, they will be able to use them at anytime during the trip.
When will I get my
All 5x trip lift tickets and meal vouchers will
be sent to Ms. Marion prior to the ski trips.
Season passes will be sent home.