Facebook @Wizards NAHS
For information on our annual Empty Bowls WHS Fundraiser: Empty Bowls WHS
For a detailed month-to-month list of all NAHS meetings, events, field trips and fundraisers please click on the following link: NAHS 2018-2019 Important Dates
NAHS Advisor 2018-2019: Lara Held, Lheld@ws.k12.ny.us
President: Sarina Graziano
Vice Presidents: Joseph Whittle & Aryanna Maurya
Secretary: Anna Freitas
Treasurer: Anastasia Raicevic
Parliamentarian: Ariana Ortiz
Historians (PR): Jalynn Jackson & Emma Green
What is NAHS? The National Art Honor Society (NAHS) is designed specifically for high school students. In 1978, the National Art Education Association began the National Art Honor Society program to inspire and recognize students who have shown an outstanding ability and interest in art. The NAHS strives to aid members in attaining the highest standards in art scholarship, character, and service, and to bring art education to the attention of the school and community.
Membership Requirements. For a complete list of our chapter bylaws: WHS NAHS Complete Bylaws
- Maintain a 93 average in a regular art class.
- Maintain a B (85) cumulative average in all other subjects.
- Pay an annual due of $15.00
- MUST ATTEND ALL MEETINGS: Attendance at all meetings is MANDATORY. If you are absent you must fill out an absentee form outside of Ms. Held's room 121. Place inside box and the Officers will vote whether or not to approve your excuse.
- NAHS General Population Meetings are held once a month on a Thursday. 2018-2019 Meeting dates are as follows and are located in the Middle Cafeteria:
September 20th (current members only), October 25th (first meeting for new members), November 29th, December 20th, January 17th, February 21st, March 21st, April 25th
- Complete 5 hours of community service in the visual arts EACH YEAR. Many opportunities to earn these hours are provided through our fundraisers, art workshops, and other community related events. If you complete community service at an NAHS event/fundraiser you must sign in/out on the NAHS clip board (you no longer need to fill out an community service form for NAHS events). If you complete art-related community service outside of an NAHS event/fundraiser you must fill out an community service form outside of Ms. Held's room 121. Place inside box and the our Secretary will record your hours. Members must:
MUST participate in AT LEAST 50% of our projects/fundraisers/events
Must remain an active artist if your school schedule does
not include a visual arts class.
2018-2019 NAHS NEW MEMBER APPLICATION PACKET
2018-2019 EVENTS, FIELD TRIPS & FUNDRAISERS:
Information & photo links to be added throughout the year.
2017-2018 EVENTS, FIELD TRIPS & FUNDRAISERS:
NAHS FIELD TRIP TO CENTRAL PARK & THE MUSEUM OF MODERN ART: Field Trip to MOMA 2017
NAHS CRAFT SALES: NAHS Holiday Craft Fair 2017
NAHS & EMPTY BOWLS WHS GLAZE YOUR OWN BOWL/MUG FUNDRAISER 2018: NAHS & Empty Bowls WHS Glaze Your Own Bowl/Mug Fundraiser 2018
TAFT ART SHOW: TAFT ART SHOW
NAHS FIELD TRIP TO THE GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM: Guggenheim Field Trip
EMPTY BOWLS WHS DESSERT SOCIAL & FUNDRAISER: Empty Bowls WHS Dessert Social & Fundraiser
NAHS FIELD TRIP TO THE MARIST SILVER NEEDLE FASHION SHOW: Marist Silver Needle Fashion Show
NAHS INDUCTION CEREMONY & ART SHOW AWARDS 2018: NAHS Induction Ceremony & Art Awards 2018
18TH ANNUAL HIGH SCHOOL ARTSHOW, May 11th & 12th: HS Art Show 2018
NAHS END OF THE YEAR PIZZA PARTY & TIE DYE T-SHIRT WORKSHOP: NAHS End of the Year Party 2018