WELCOME TO THE TAFT HEALTH OFFICE
Jan Kramer, RN
Fax # 497-4085
Attendance/Health Office Secretary
NOTIFICATION OF ABSENCES
Notification of your child's absence may be made by calling, emailing using the email contact form, or writing a note to the Attendance Office. Please remember to notify us as to the reason for your childs absence. If your child is absent for 3 days or more please call the health office.
HEALTH REMINDERS FROM THE NURSE
- Physical exams are due by October 30th for all new entrants, pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, 2nd and 4th grades. Please send in your childs physical or contact the health office if you have one scheduled with a private physician. The district Nurse Practitioner will provide one after December for those who do not submit a physical.
- Scoliosis screenings are required by all children in Grade 5. This will be provided by our Nurse Practitioner in school if your child has not recieved a screening with their health care provider.
- Dental certificates are also requested for new entrants, Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, 2nd and 4th graders.
- When your child is ill, please keep them home. Students must be fever-free for 24 hours without medication before returning to school after an illness.
- If your child needs medication in school please have the doctor fill out the medication in school form (available under documents and forms) , sign the parent permission section, and bring the medication in. Students are not allowed to carry any medication on the bus.
- Vision and hearing screenings will be done on all new entrants, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd 3rd and 5th Graders and will begin in October. Any child who fails a screening will recieve a referral form to see a physician. Please have the referral completed and returned to the health office.
Thank you for your cooperation and please feel free to contact me at any time. Have a happy and healthy school year.
Jan Kramer RN