This year the third, fourth and fifth grades started with a Project Adventure Unit. This unit focuses on team building, cooperation, spotting and trust. Each class was split into two groups and each group signed a Full Value Contract at the start of the unit. This contract contains six provisions:
1. I will be alert and aware of individual and group safety at all times (spotting when necessary).
2. I will demonstrate responsible behavior, a cooperative attitude and mutual respect.
3. I will work cooperatively...striving to achieve individual and group goals.
4. I will agree to share ideas openly and give both positive and negative feedback in a constructive, respectful manner.
5. I will agree to help change inappropriate behavior whenever and wherever it is necessary.
6. I will agree NOT to put anyone down.
Once each groups showed that they can participate in a safe manner, cooperate with each other, and trust each other, they were presented with challenges on the Project Adventure Course outside of our school. Some of the challenges in the pictures include the egg transport, stepping stones, trolleys, trust walk (mine field), rock climbing, Prouty's Landing, mission impossible, porthole, swinging log and tension traverse.
Below are pictures of some of the classes participating in the challenges.
Friday, May 24, 2013
[ << index ] All items