Regular participation in a quality physical education programs will:
• Prepare students with skills for future leisure pursuits through exposure to various individual, team, and alternative activities.
• Formulate activity patterns that can extend into adulthood.
• Reduce risk for health problems including; heart disease, hypertension, colon cancer, and depression.
• Increase cardiovascular fitness
• Improve one's physical literacy
• Improve overall mental health
• Reduce stress and increase quality of life