I am the ELA and Social Studies teacher on the Success Team.
I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. As a child, I held school for the neighborhood kids in my garage. Believe it or not, they showed up on weekends and in the summer! I realized then what made the kids want to be there... it was a place where we had fun and did interesting things. I continue with this belief today. With high expectations and an exciting learning environment, my students learn a lot and have fun too!
My husband and I live in Warwick, NY. We have three wonderful kids of our own. Matthew is 10 and a great big brother to our 3 year old twins, Grace and James! They're a ton of fun and keep me very busy! I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. Some of my favorite hobbies are: cooking, reading, writing, swimming and taking long walks. I love music of all kinds, and I am usually the first person on the dance floor at a party! I enjoy watching sports (NY Mets, Giants and Rangers are my teams). I love to travel, especially to the beach, but my absolute favorite place to be is at home with my husband and three kids!
- Be prepared daily with your binder, notebook/folder for each class, planner and pens and pencils.
- Read 15-20 minutes nightly from your independent reading book.
- Review notes and vocabulary daily.
- Replenish your supplies (pens/pencils) when needed.
- If you are sick, stay home and get better. Check the website for HW and updates. Do what you can do at home, but most importantly, get rest and feel better!
- This website does not take the place of the planner. There may be times when I cannot update. In each class, you should always remember to record HW into the planner.