Welcome! Global Studies I is the first half of the two year world history course that is organize chronologically around broad themes and concepts that apply to the majority of the regions of the world. The New York State Regents Exam is taken at the conclusion of Global II, the second half of this course (usually taken in the 10th grade).
Topics covered in this course include:
There will be a final exam in this class that counts for 10% of the overall course grade.
- Social Sciences (Basic skills, culture, technology, geography, economics and political systems)
- Religions of the World (Western and Eastern)
- Ancient River Valley Civilizations
- Ancient Greece and Rome
- Byzantine and the Spread of Islam
- The Middle Ages
- The Renaissance
- The Age of Absolutism and the early Enlightenment
- Review of the Course