Washingtonville High School’s National Art Honor Society is happy to host its Third Annual Empty Bowls WHS Fundraiser benefiting the Food Bank of the Hudson Valley & the Country Kids Food Pantry. This event will take place Saturday, April 28, 2018 from 1-330pm in the High School large and middle cafeterias.
We are looking forward to adding some variety to our event this year by hosting a Dessert Social. Guests will make a suggested donation for a hand-crafted ceramic bowl and then partake in our make-your-own ice cream sundae & dessert buffet with goods donated by Washingtonville community members, restaurants, and businesses. At the end of the event the guests leave with an "empty bowl" and a full stomach, which will serve as a reminder of all those who are struggling with food insecurity.
Our first and second annual Empty Bowls WHS Fundraisers were both a huge success. Each year over 300 guests purchased bowls made by students, parents, staff, faculty, and local artists. In the two years combined we have raised $9,450 to feed families in need.
This project is about art + food + community + activism, an equation that can only = success! We wish to invite you to participate in one of our Empty Bowls WHS workshops, volunteer or donate to our event, or order our official Empty Bowls WHS aprons and t-shirts. Please see links and deadlines below:
- High School Faculty/Staff Bowl Making Workshop on Monday, 10/2/17, 315-545pm, H.S. room 121.
- WCSD Faculty/Staff Bowl Making Workshop on Tuesday, 11/28/17, 330-6pm, H.S. room 121.
- Community-Wide Glaze Your Own Bowl/Mug Event on Saturday, 1/13/18, 11am-2pm (snow date: 1/20/18), H.S. Large Cafeteria.
- Clay Class and National Art Honor Society Families Bowl Making Workshop on Saturday, 1/27/18, 10am-1pm, H.S. room 121 (snow date: 2/3/18).
- WCSD Faculty/Staff Bowl Glazing Workshop on Monday 1/29/18, 330-6pm, H.S. room 121 (snow date: 2/5/18). This workshop is for WCSD faculty and staff members that attended the October or November bowl making workshops.
- National Art Honor Society Students Bowl Making Workshop on Tuesday, 2/13/18, H.S. room 121
- Clay Class and National Art Honor Society Families Bowl Glazing Workshop on Saturday, 3/3/18, 10am-1pm, H.S. room 121 (snow date: 4/7/18). This workshop is for Clay Class and NAHS families who attended the 1/27 bowl making workshop.
- Empty Bowls WHS Apron Sale; Order by 3/9/17
- Empty Bowls WHS T-shirt Sale; Order by 3/9/17
- National Art Honor Society Students Bowl Glazing Workshop on Friday, 3/16/18, H.S. room 121. This workshop is for NAHS students who attended the 2/13 bowl making workshop.
- Empty Bowls WHS 2018 Donor Form if you are interested in donating food, beverages or other goods to our event on April 28, 2018.
- Empty Bowls WHS 2018 Volunteer Form if you are interested in volunteering to work our event on April 28, 2018.
LIKE us on Facebook @Wizards NAHS & @Empty Bowls WHS
Follow us on Instagram @wizardsnahs & @emptybowlswhs