Students who are entering 6th grade for the 2014-2015 School Year will require 2 additional immunizations:
- Tdap( described below)
- 2nd dose of Varicella-A health care provider's signed medical record indicating the student had Varicella disease is acceptable proof of immunity.
Students who are entering 6th grade and who are 11 years of age or older must receive an immunization containing toxoids,diphtheria,and cellular pertussis (Tdap).
Students who are 10 years old and entering 6th grade will not be required to receive the Tdap until they turn 11 years old. At that time they must provide documentation of a booster dose of Tdap or provide a proof of an appointment for the booster dose within 14 days.
There are 2 immunizations currently available
- Boostrix (licensed for use with 10-64 year olds)
- Adacel (licensed for use with 11-64 year olds)
The only two exemptions from this requirement are either:
- A medical exemption written by a physician and must be updated each school year.
- A statement of religious exemption written by parent/guardian of the student which must be approved by the Superintendent or Principal of the school.